Race Day Schedule
- 7:30-8:30 am: Packet Pick-up
- 8:45 am: Announcements
- 8:55 am: Group Warm-up
- 9 am: Race Starts
- 9:45 am: Awards Ceremony
Directions & Parking
Race Start/Finish: The race starts and finishes in Anacostia Park near the corner of Good Hope Road and Anacostia Drive SE. There will be no parking in Anacostia Park itself (parking is available at the Anacostia Metro station garage). We recommend taking public transportation, or running/walking.
Metro: The closest Metro station is the Anacostia Station on the Green Line. When you get off the train, follow the signs for the Parking Garage exit/Kiss & Ride. The race start is a five minute walk from the garage, through a pedestrian entrance to the park. Volunteers/signs will be in at the Parking Garage Metro exit and garage to direct participants to the race. Check Metro’s alerts and advisories before the race and plan accordingly. You can use Metro’s trip planner to check train times.
Bus: We recommend the Metro train, as it will be a shorter, easier walk to the race start, though a number of buses stop at the Anacostia Metro station. Metro’s trip planner shows which buses will take you to the stop. From the Metro entrance on Howard Road, walk North on Howard Road (towards the freeway and Firth Sterling Ave). Walk under the freeway, and take your second right after the underpass (on to the Metro parking garage entrance immediately after the freeway exit). Walk towards the garage. When you reach the garage, look for the pedestrian entrance to Anacostia Park on your left. Volunteers/signs will be near the garage to direct participants to the race.
Driving: No parking will be available in Anacostia Park. Free parking is available at the Anacostia Metro station garage. The location can be found on this map. (Do not use Google Maps for directions to the parking garage; it won’t send you to the exact location). The parking garage can be accessed by an entrance along Howard Road SE, north of the 295 freeway, between Firth Sterling Ave to the south and South Capitol/Suitland Parkway to the north. The road to the garage is right next to the Howard Road 295 off-ramp.
- Weather: The race will be held rain or shine. If the weather forecasts significant inclement weather, please check this page for updates.
- Bag Check: Bag check opens on race day at 7:30 am. We cannot be responsible for any valuables that are lost or stolen. Leave your items at your own risk.
- Food & Water: Water will be available before and after the race, and at a water stop along the race course. Snacks will be provided after the race.
- Pets: Crowd-friendly pets are welcomed. Pets must be kept on a leash at all times and owners are responsible for their pets’ actions. If you have a pet, you must start towards the back of the race for safety reasons.
- Strollers: Strollers are welcomed. If you have a stroller, for safety reasons, please start in the back, please do not weave through runners, and yield the right of way to other runners.
- Bathrooms: Portable restrooms will be available at the race.
- Medical: Medical aid will be available at the race finish.
- Bib Refund & Transfer Policy: Bib refunds and transfers are not available.