2015 Marine Corps Marathon charity runner program
SHARE YOUR PASSION. FUND-RACE FOR TEENS RUN DC AND GIVE THE JOURNEY MORE MEANING.
The Marine Corps Marathon, popularly known as “The People’s Marathon,” is the 4th largest marathon in the U.S. and 8th largest in the world with 30,000 participants from over 50 countries. With no qualifying race required, the MCM is open to any runner 14 years or older.
As there are far more runners interested in running the marathon than there are available race entries, the Marine Corps Marathon has moved to an online lottery system. After these race bibs have been distributed, the only way to get entry into the marathon will be through one of the Marine Corps Marathon Charity Partners.
Proudly Teens Run DC will again be a Charity Partner. In choosing to join the Teens Run DC 2015 MCM Charity Team, you will be guaranteed entry to the 40th Marine Corps Marathon and in the process, will support DC youth in their running and in their lives.
Run a great race! Join a great team! Support a great cause!
When you register, you’ll receive:
- Entry into the 2015 Marine Corps Marathon
- Fundraising Information Packet
- TRDC training t-shirt
- Opportunity to join TRDC community in our weekly Saturday runs (for those in the DC area)
- Reward of supporting DC Youth in achieving their running and life goals
- As an added perk for interested runners, Teens Run DC has made arrangements with Marathon Charity Cooperation for the use of Camp Rosslyn, a quiet, private, and comfortable place for runners, family, and friends. The camp has a heated tent, pre-race snacks and drinks, post-race massage, post race food, private porta-johns, and a quiet place off the beaten path to meet up with your friends and family. The camp will be maintained until 6PM on Sunday afternoon. Camp Rosslyn is a short walk from the Rosslyn Metro.
- The cost per runner and family is $50. This fee will go directly to Marathon Charity Cooperation to cover their costs. As it is a fee for service, it is not a tax-deductible expense.
- This service will not include packet pick up. Runners may pick up their race packets on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday at the MCM Expo.
- If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before August 6.
BONUS: The first 25 runners to reach their fund-raising goal of $500 will receive a copy of The Marine Corps Marathon Book – An Epic Journey in Photographs by Steve Nearman and Jeff Horowitz.
Your Commitment: $500
|$150 Registration fee to cover race entry fee and administrative costs. Due with application.
As the fair market value of this purchase is equal to the amount paid, no portion of this fee is tax deductible.
|$350 minimum to be raised before race weekend.
As Teens Run DC is a 501(c)3 corporation, all donations are fully tax deductible.
Once your application and payment are received and accepted, you are responsible for raising the pledge balance of $357, even if you cancel for any reason, including injury.
SIGN UP NOW >After you have filled out the online application and paid the registration fee, we will send you an information packet with fund-raising details and ideas including sample letters to help you make or exceed your fundraising goal.
To learn more about Teens Run DC, check out our website www.teensrundc.org
For questions about MCM Charity Run Program, contact email@example.com tel: 301-537-0009.
For more information on the Marine Corps Marathon, click here to be taken to the MCM Website.