2017 MARINE CORPS MARATHON CHARITY RUNNER PROGRAM
SHARE YOUR PASSION. FUND-RACE FOR TEENS RUN DC AND GIVE THE JOURNEY MORE MEANING.
The Marine Corps Marathon, popularly known as “The People’s Marathon,” is the 4th largest marathon in the U.S. and 8th largest in the world with more than 30,000 participants from over 50 countries. With no qualifying race required, the MCM is open to any runner 14 years or older.
As there are far more runners interested in running the marathon than there are available race entries, the Marine Corps Marathon has moved to an online lottery system. After these race bibs have been distributed, the only way to gain entry into the marathon will be through one of the Marine Corps Marathon Charity Partners. Proudly, Teens Run DC has once again been selected as an MCM Charity Partner!
In choosing to join the Teens Run DC 2017 MCM Charity Team, you will be guaranteed entry to the 42nd Marine Corps Marathon and in the process, you will help to support DC youth in their running and in their lives.
Run a great race! Join a great team! Support a great cause!
Your Fundraising Commitment: $450
Race Entry Fee for 2017 MCM: $160.81
- Reserve a Spot on The Team. Sign up for the 2017 Teens Run DC Marine Corps Marathon Charity Team here.
- Start Fundraising. Use your personal fundraising page provided by TRDC.
- Register Yourself for the Marathon by 8/31/17. Once you have raised $300 of your $450 fundraising goal, we will send you a code to register for the marathon. You must register for the marathon before 8/31/17. The cost for registration is $160.81 and is covered by you.
- Meet Your Fundraising Goal by 10/22/17. You must meet your fundraising goal by 10/22/17 (race day). If you cannot raise the $450 by 10/22/17, you will be expected to make payment personally through your credit card within one week.
- Run the Marathon as We Cheer You On!
When you register, you will receive:
- Guaranteed entry into the 2017 Marine Corps Marathon (provided that you raise a minumum of $300 before 8/31/17)
- Fundraising Information Packet
- Personal fundraising page to share with family, friends, and colleagues
- TRDC technical t-shirt
- Opportunity to join TRDC community on our weekly Saturday runs (for those in the DC area)
- Reward of supporting DC youth in achieving their running and life goals
BONUS: The first 25 runners to reach their fundraising goal of $450 will receive a copy of The Marine Corps Marathon Book – An Epic Journey in Photographs by Steve Nearman and Jeff Horowitz.
Once your application is received and accepted, you are responsible for reaching your fundraising commitment of $450, even if you cancel for any reason, including injury.
After you have filled out the online application, we will send you an information packet with fundraising details and ideas including sample letters to help you make or exceed your fundraising goal.
To learn more about Teens Run DC, check out our website www.teensrundc.org
For questions about MCM Charity Running Program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 202-818-8600, Ext 1.
For more information on the Marine Corps Marathon, click here to visit the MCM website.