TRDC offers a variety of opportunities for you to help youth build their confidence, social connectedness, physical fitness, and goal-setting skills. We welcome volunteers of all fitness levels and abilities. No prior running experience is required. Join us as we run and walk together towards healthy and hopeful futures for DC youth!
Mentors provide one-on-one guidance and encouragement to TRDC youth as they work to succeed in running and life. Mentors are supported by TRDC staff, experienced mentors, and a welcoming and fun community.
- Be involved in a mentee’s life for a full academic year & maintain 8-10 hours of contact per month
- Regularly participate in Saturday practices, races, & volunteering events (see our calendar)
- Attend monthly mentor trainings before Saturday practice
Clearance Requirements: Volunteer Application, DCPS Volunteer Clearance Process, Mandated Reporter Training, Attend a Mentor Orientation, Complete Mentor Matching Survey & Agreement, Driving History Clearance Process
Friends support TRDC youth by generally encouraging and cheering them on at practices, events, and races. They help create our welcoming, caring, and fun community.
- Participate in Saturday practices, races, & volunteering events (see our calendar)
- Support TRDC youth at practices, races, and events as needed
APPLY NOWRun Leaders
Running Leaders support youth in our weekday program by leading practices at schools. They inspire our youth to have fun, work hard, and get fit! They also teach important life skills lessons to TRDC students.
- Lead weekday running and life skills development practices at schools throughout the area
- Facilitate student participation in races, events, & Saturday practices (see our calendar)
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Charity Runners: To join our charity team for the Marine Corps Marathon, the Mentoring Matters 5K, or your own race, visit Run for DC Youth.
- Organizational Support: To help with fundraising, data entry, social media or other fun tasks or to inquire about internships, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event-based Volunteering: To sign up for a one-time volunteering opportunity, visit Event-based Volunteering.